ERROR: Error cloning remote repo 'origin' hudson.plugins.git.GitException: Could not init | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
Rama Kirshna prasad Gopisetti
I am getting below error. Can you please help.
Started by user anonymous Building in workspace C:\Tools\Jenkins\jobs\project A\workspace Unable to auto-install JDK until the license is accepted. Unable to auto-install JDK until the license is accepted. Cloning the remote Git repository Cloning repository git@github.com:scmgalaxy/helloworld-java-maven.git > git.exe init C:\Tools\Jenkins\jobs\project A\workspace # timeout=10 ERROR: Error cloning remote repo 'origin' hudson.plugins.git.GitException: Could not init C:\Tools\Jenkins\jobs\project A\workspace at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl$5.execute(CliGitAPIImpl.java:656) at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl$2.execute(CliGitAPIImpl.java:463) at hudson.plugins.git.GitSCM.retrieveChanges(GitSCM.java:1039) at hudson.plugins.git.GitSCM.checkout(GitSCM.java:1079) at hudson.scm.SCM.checkout(SCM.java:485) at hudson.model.AbstractProject.checkout(AbstractProject.java:1269) at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.defaultCheckout(AbstractBuild.java:607) at jenkins.scm.SCMCheckoutStrategy.checkout(SCMCheckoutStrategy.java:86) at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.run(AbstractBuild.java:529) at hudson.model.Run.execute(Run.java:1738) at hudson.model.FreeStyleBuild.run(FreeStyleBuild.java:43) at hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:98) at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:410) Caused by: hudson.plugins.git.GitException: Error performing command: git.exe init C:\Tools\Jenkins\jobs\project A\workspace at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.launchCommandIn(CliGitAPIImpl.java:1726) at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.launchCommandIn(CliGitAPIImpl.java:1695) at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.launchCommandIn(CliGitAPIImpl.java:1691) at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.launchCommand(CliGitAPIImpl.java:1321) at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl$5.execute(CliGitAPIImpl.java:654) ... 12 more Caused by: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "git.exe" (in directory "C:\Tools\Jenkins\jobs\project A\workspace"): CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(Unknown Source) at hudson.Proc$LocalProc.<init>(Proc.java:244) at hudson.Proc$LocalProc.<init>(Proc.java:216) at hudson.Launcher$LocalLauncher.launch(Launcher.java:815) at hudson.Launcher$ProcStarter.start(Launcher.java:381) at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.launchCommandIn(CliGitAPIImpl.java:1715) ... 16 more Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method) at java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(Unknown Source) ... 22 more ERROR: null Finished: FAILURE
Rama Kirshna prasad Gopisetti
There was a space in project name definition. So removed the space and fixed it.
Rajesh Kumar
Rajesh Kumar Jun 29 '16
Great. Thanks for sharing solution as well.
Pradeep Samson
Pradeep Samson Jun 30 '16

I also got same error when I was doing the same. In fact I did it with the help of Gopi.

In my case the mistakes was 

1> In the Manage Jenkins->configure system - I did not mention the correct path details for the "Path to Git executable"

2> JDK Installations was not configured. 

Thanks Gopi for your generous help.

Regards,

Pradeep Samson